|FEPALE Congress News 06/02/04|
|Everything is under way for the 8th Pan-American
Miami will be the site of the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress from 23rd to 25th June. We invite you to be informed and join us in this Congress.
The program has several panels and conferences of relevance on technological, trading, environmental and sanitary subjects, also new products amongst others. These subjects will be complemented with the presentation of more than 40 posters.
We have confirmation of attendees coming from more than 100 companies and institutions from 24 countries, in what will be a most outstanding meeting of the American and world dairy sector.
For more information: www.infoleche.com
|FEPALE Congress News 05/20/04|
Quite a good number of international companies are interested in participating in the Commercial Exhibition which will be held during the Congress. Till today's date the following companies have confirmed their participation and will be present: Idexx, Foss Electric, 3M, Conapac, Asepak, Stork Amsterdam, Buanlir, Agrilac, Dairy Farmers of America, Argentine Cheese Corporation, Special Nutrients and FEPALE.
The list of participants is increasing as well as the different countries of origins. Till today's date, we have registrations from diverse countries, amongst them: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Canadá, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, México, Nicaragua, Panamá, Perú, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela, Germany, Australia, Denmark, Spain, France, The Netherlands, Italy and New Zealand.
Speakers for the 23rd June
As already mentioned, the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress will be starting on the 23rd June.
We introduce herebelow the list of conferences which will take place on that first day as well as their respective speakers. In the next news issue we will be introducing you to the speakers of 24th and 25th June.
"Dairy Products World Trade. Where does dairy industry go in the next years"
- Ruben R. Núñez has been the President of the Pan-American Dairy Federation (FEPALE) since year 2000. He is of Uruguayan nationality and since 1998 he has been the General Manager of Conaprole, the main dairy industry in his country. R. Núñez is also President of Conabia (México) and President of the Dairy Industry Board in Uruguay. He is a public Accountant with a MBA degree from Boston University in the USA.
- Philippe Jachnik is President of the International Dairy Federation (FIL) from year 2000. He is French and has been in charge of the International Affairs Area of ATLA (French Dairy Processors Association) in Paris since its beginning in 1993. He is also Chairman of the Working Group of the European Dairy Association of the OMC. He has obtained a MBA degree from INSEAD (Fontainebleau) and is a graduate of Bruges College of Europe, also from the International Graduate School in Stockholm and from Sciences Po in Strasbourg.
- Thomas M. Suber is President of the U.S. Dairy Export Council (USDEC). As Council CEO and Executive Vice President for Export Marketing for Dairy Management Inc., he is responsible of the creation and implementation of the export trade markets for the USA dairy products.
He is a member of the US Agricultural Export Development Council and of the Commission C for Economics and Policy of the International Dairy Federation (FIL). Under Presidential mandate he also carries out duties at the Agricultural Technical Advisory Committee (ATAC) for Trade in Animals and Animal Products.
He has obtained a Master in Business Administration in Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service as well as a Bachelors degree en History and Asian Studies at Colorado State University.
“Milk in the diet of Latin-American people. Milk benefits in the human beings diet"
- Esteban Carmuega is a medical doctor, pediatrician specializing in Child Nutrition. He is Argentinian, graduated with Honors Diploma in 1979 from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Buenos Aires. He is responsible for the coordination of parenteral feeding and nutrition support in the intensive care and organ transplant units. In September 2002, per request of the Governor of the Province of Buenos Aires, he is convoked to reformulate the provincial feeding programs and to take over the position of Government Advisor with the rank of Provincial director till today's date. He is author of several books and publications, with more than 40 scientific papers published in his and foreign countries, and more than 100 papers and contributions presented in congresses of the speciality. He has been distinguished with awards from Bemberg, Landa, the Argentinian Nutrition Society, and the CESNI, which under his direction has been acknowledged by the Konex Foundation as one of the 5 most distinguished institutions in the decade on their contribution on Research and Technology. In the international level, Dr. Carmuega is an advisor of the Pan-American Health Organization. He is member of the Argentinian Pediatrician Society, the Nutrition Argentinian Society, the Latin-American Pediatrician Research Society, the Latin-American Nutrition Society, founding member of the Latin-American Aterosclerosis Society, founding member of the Argentinian Council for Aterosclerosis Prevention, member of the Nutrition Committee of the Argentinian Pediatrician Society, member of the Argentinian Council of Aterosclerosis and Argentinian Cardiology Society, member of the International Committee of the Nutrition and Diet Theraphy Course of Navarra University in Spain.
“Innovations in the use of dairy whey"
- Jean-Louis Maubois is French and since 1961 he has worked at the INRA (National Institute of Agriculture Research) as researcher. Since 2003 he is in charge of the INRA Dairy Products Scientific Research Cooperation Department programs with India, Brazil and China. He is an Agronomist from Rennes, Dairy Engineer and has a degree on General Biochemistry from the University of Paris, and a Specialized Biochemistry Degree (Univ. of Paris)
He has written several scientific papers on: Dairy Biochemistry, Dairy Technology, Dairy Microbiology and Human Nutrition. He also counts with 22 international patents and has been editor in chief of the International Scientific Journal LE LAIT.
He is member of the ICDRL (International Cercle of Dairy Research Leaders), member of the FIL (International Dairy Federation). He is advisor consultant of companies in France, Spain and the United States.
“Dairy policies in selected countries. Reflections for the Continent"
- Graciela E. Gutman is Argentinian, economist, Honor Diploma from the University of Buenos Aires. She has Doctorate studies from the Universidad Central of Venezuela. She is the Principal Researcher at the National Council of Scientific and Technical Research Council, CONICET; Professor of the University of Buenos Aires, lecturer in degree courses and postgraduate courses at national and international universities. Senior consultant of international and national organizations and institutions. Her major subjects: agro-feeding systems, industrialization processes and technological changes, technological innovations, company strategies, international competitiveness.
For more information on the program - visit the web site: o http://www.congresos-rohr.com/fepale2004
|FEPALE Congress News 05/13/04|
|8th Pan-American Dairy Congress: Preliminary
list of posters to be presented
The Scientific Committee of the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress published the preliminary list of approved abstracts which will be presented as Posters at the Congress. We enclose details of such list in chronological order of arrival.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL ENZYME SYSTEMS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF NEW DAIRY PRODUCTS
Charles Han (USA)
EFICIÊNCIA DA CONDUTIVIDADE ELÉTRICA E DO TEOR DE
CLORETOS DO LEITE UTILIZADOS COMO MÉTODOS DE DIAGNÓSTICO
DA MASTITE SUBCLÍNICA BOVINA
EVALUACIÓN DE LA CONSERVACIÓN DE LECHE CRUDA EN
DISTINTAS REGIONES DEL PERÚ, MEDIANTE LA ACTIVACIÓN DEL
RELACIÓN ENTRE LAS VARIANTES GENÉTICAS A Y B DE
K- CASEÍNA Y B- LACTOGLOBULINA Y PROPIEDADES DE COAGULACIÓN
DE LA LECHE.
PRODUCCIÓN DE LECHE DE CABRA CRIOLLA, SEGÚN TIPO
EFICIÊNCIA DO CALIFORNIA MASTITIS TEST E DA CONTAGEM DE
CELULAS SOMÁTICAS UTILIZADAS COMO METODOS DE DIAGNÓSTICO
DA MASTITE SUBCLINICA BOVINA
EVOLUCIÓN DEL RECUENTO TOTAL DE MICROORGANISMOS EN LA
LECHE DE CENTROS DE ACOPIO DE LA PROVINCIA DE VALDIVIA, CHILE (AVANCE
ELABORACIÓN DE UN POSTRE CON WPC 60
EFECTO DEL TRATAMIENTO TÉRMICO ALTO DIRECTO E INDIRECTO
SOBRE EL PERFIL DE PROTEINAS DE LA LECHE EN POLVO
ESTABILIDAD OXIDATIVA DE LECHE ENTERA EN POLVO: EFECTO DE DOS
ÉPOCAS DE ELABORACIÓN
VARIACIÓN ESTACIONAL DE LA ESTABILIDAD TÉRMICA
DE LA LECHE CRUDA Y DE LA LECHE ENTERA EN POLVO DE LA CUENCA LECHERA CENTRAL
PARTICULARIDADES DE LOS EFLUENTES ORIGINADOS EN INSTALACIONES
VITAMINAS LIPOSOLUBLES EN LECHE DE VACAS HOLANDO Y JERSEY ALIMENTADAS
CON DISTINTAS PROPORCIÓN DE PASTURA DE ALFALFA EN LA DIETA
WHOLE MILK POWDER VOLATILE FLAVOR ANALYSIS USING HEADSPACE SOLID-PHASE
INDICADORES DE EFICIENCIA MEDIDOS EN DISTINTAS INSTALACIONES
COMPOSICIÓN QUÍMICA Y MINERAL DE LA LECHE PRODUCIDA
EN LA ARGENTINA
PROCESSOS FÍSICO-QUÍMICOS E BIOLÓGICOS PARA
TRATAMENTO DE EFLUENTES EM FÁBRICAS DE QUEIJOS
EFECTO DE MYCO-AD A-Z EN LA PREVENCION DE ABORTOS EN GANADO LECHERO
EFECTO DE DIFERENTES SECUESTRANTES DE MICOTOXINAS EN LA INCIDENCIA
DE ABORTOS EN GANADO LECHERO
APLICACIÓN DE MODELOS SIGMOIDALES AL CRECIMIENTO DEL LACTOCOCCUS
LACTIS SUBSP. LACTIS EN LECHE DE VACA Y BÚFALA.
CARACTERIZACIÓN DE LOS SISTEMAS CAMPESINOS DE PRODUCCIÓN
DE LECHE EN EL ALTIPLANO MEXICANO
EVALUACIÓN DE LA CALIDAD SANITARIA DE LECHE PRODUCIDA
EN SISTEMAS CAMPESINOS DEL CENTRO DE MÉXICO.
DETERMINACIÓN DE LOS COMPONENTES PRINCIPALES DEL SISTEMA
DE LECHERÍA FAMILIAR EN LA REGIÓN CENTRO DEL ESTADO DE MICHOACÁN,
EVALUACIÓN DEL COMPORTAMIENTO PRODUCTIVO Y REPRODUCTIVO
DE CRUCES RACIALES EN 13 FINCAS LECHERAS DE HONDURAS.
TIPIFICACIÓN DE LOS SISTEMAS DE LECHERÍA FAMILIAR
EN LA REGIÓN CENTRO DEL ESTADO DE MICHOACÁN, MÉXICO.
SIMULACIÓN DEL SISTEMA FAMILIAR DE PRODUCCIÓN DE
LECHE EN LA REGIÓN CENTRO DEL ESTADO DE MICHOACÁN.
EFECTO DE LA SUPLEMENTACION CON FORRAJE DE ALFALFA Y CONCENTRADO
SOBRE LA PRODUCCION DE LECHE EN VACAS HOLSTEIN PASTOREANDO KIKUYO.
EXISTEN CONDICIONES DE STRESS CALORICO PARA LA PRODUCCION LECHERA
EVALUACIÓN DEL PERFIL TEXTURAL Y DE LA HIDRÓLISIS
CASEÍNICA DURANTE MADURACIÓN DE CHANCO NORMAL Y REDUCIDO
COMPARACIÓN DE DOS TÉCNICAS DE FILTRACIÓN
TANGENCIAL PARA LA REGENERACIÓN DE SALMUERAS DE QUESERÍA
EVOLUCIÓN DE LAS CARACTERÍSTICAS SENSORIALES DE
QUESO FRESCO ENZIMÁTICO ENVASADO EN DIFERENTES ATMÓSFERAS
ANÁLISIS SENSORIAL DE UN YOGUR NATURAL FRENTE A DOS COMPETIDORES
Méndez Dónega, J. ; Fdez.-Albalat, Mª P.; Berterreche,
J.; Magdalena, J.; Domínguez, E. (España)
SIMULADOR VIRTUAL DE PRODUCCIÓN DEL SECTOR LÁCTEO
|FEPALE Congress News 04/02/04|
Registrations for the congress have started to be received at good speed. Registrations from diverse origins are arriving - Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Costa Rica, USA, Mexico, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Venezuela, Denmark, The Netherlands, New Zealand.
We have also received quite a good number of abstracts for posters presentations at the Congress. Several abstracts have been received on primary production as well as on industry aspects.
The Commercial Exhibition which will be held during the Congress has risen a lot of interest amongst suppliers, research institutes and industries in the field. This is being shown by the amount of stands already booked for the Congress exhibition.
A variety of optional tours are available for those attending the Congress.
The official Congress web site: www.congresos-rohr.com/fepale2004 will have information on this, describing tours to Orlando and other touristic sites in Florida, Caribbean cruises, etc. Attendees will be able to book these tours with the Secretariat travel agency deptartment as well as all arrangements for transfers they wish to book.
There will be special costs for groups for these tours. Please contact the Congress Secretariat to make your bookings or obtain more information. Packages will be published in the web site as they become available.
|FEPALE Congress News 03/17/04|
The Organizing Committee of the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress has extended the dealine for submission of abstracts and complete texts due to the request of many interested people.
Abstracts must be submitted following instructions published in the web page www.congresos-rohr.com/fepale2004 for analysis, classification and approval by the Scientific Committee.
The abstracts may be submitted by post, e-mail and/or through the web page in: Spanish, English or Portuguese .
Abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee who will have the faculty to reject those papers that could be considered inadequate and/or ask for necessary modifications. Posters should be brought in by presenters to the Congress.
Abstracts will be published in the Abstracts Book and the complete papers will be included in a CD.
For complete information please visit the official web
site of the Congress: www.congresos-rohr.com/fepale2004
Deadline for submission of abstracts (POSTERS) April 15th
|FEPALE Congress News 03/10/04|
Important companies will be sponsoring the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress.
Several companies have already confirmed their sponsorship to the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress: Foss Electric from Denmark, who provides analysis solutions to determine milk hygiene and chemical quality, Conapac S.A. from Uruguay and Asepak have confirmed their participation as Major Sponsors of this congress which will be held in Miami in June.
3M Microbiology Products and Idexx from the USA, as well as Conaprole
from Uruguay have also confirmed their participation as sponsors.
|FEPALE Congress News 03/03/04|
Presidents of FEPALE , IDF and USDEC present at the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress
The 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress will be enhanced by the Panel "Dairy products' world trade. Where is the dairy industry heading to in the next few years".
The event will be of high level, taking into consideration that three important personalities of the Pan-American and dairy world will attend: Ruben R. Núñez, President of the Pan-American Dairy Federation (Fepale), who will lecture on Latin-American dairy; Thomas M. Suber, President of U.S. Dairy Export Council (USDEC), lecturing on the American overview, and Philippe Jachnik, President of the International Dairy Federation (FIL) who will talk about the world vision of the subject.
These subjects as well as other keynote lectures have attracted much interest in the Pan-American dairy sector.
|FEPALE Congress News 02/19/04|
PAHO / WHO
supports the 8th Pan-American Dairy Congress
|FEPALE Congress News 02/10/04|